Warner Bros. Announces Suicide Squad Cast
People went nuts when Warner Bros. announced their lineup of upcoming DC Comics adaptations, but one title seemed to stand out above the rest. We all expected to see The Flash and Wonder Woman receive their own standalone films, but Suicide Squad? Rumors of potential casting immediately began circulating the web, with a handful of A-list actors reportedly being eyed for roles. Some of these big names seemed too good to be true, but apparently not. You’ll be seeing the following actors team up in 2016…
- Margot Robbie as Harley Quinn
- You may remember Robbie as Leonardo DiCaprio’s bombshell wife in The Wolf of Wall Street.
- Will Smith as Deadshot
- You know Will Smith as The Fresh Prince. It’s a shame he never did anything else after that.
- Jai Courtney as Captain Boomerang
- Courtney appeared in this year’s Divergent and will soon star in Terminator: Genisys.
- Cara Delevinge as Enchantress
- This professional model/Tumblr icon doesn’t have many film credits to her name, but you can expect to see her in next summer’s Pan.
- Tom Hardy as Rick Flagg
- Hardy recently starred in another DC Comics-based movie as Bane, the roided-out villain of The Dark Knight Rises.
- Jared Leto as The Joker
- Music fans know him as the lead singer of Thirty Seconds to Mars and your mom knows him as that guy from Dallas Buyers Club. Also, he won an Oscar.
I don’t know about you, but I am definitely impressed. Margot Robbie is the perfect choice to play Harley Quinn and Jared Leto is sure to offer an interesting take on The Joker. He has some big shoes to fill, but I think he’ll be up for the challenge. It’s not often that you see Will Smith play a bad guy, but it’s hard not to get excited about seeing his name on this list. You can’t go wrong with Tom Hardy either.
As if this cast wasn’t insane enough, Warner Bros. is also looking at some huge names to play the Suicide Squad’s primary antagonist, Amanda Waller. This list includes actresses such as Octavia Spencer and Viola Davis, who would both be excellent choices. However, it gets weirder. The studio’s top choice for the role is Oprah Winfrey. Yes, you read that right. It seems highly unlikely, but we can dream.
We’ll keep you updated on any new casting info. What do you think of the cast? Will Jared Leto be able to compare to Heath Ledger? Do you want to see Oprah as Amanda Waller? Hit up the comment section!
Suicide Squad comes to theaters on August 5th, 2016.